General knowledge What happened on 18 April
1) 1025 Bolesław Chrobry is crowned in Gniezno, becoming the first King of Poland.
2) 1506 The cornerstone of the current St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican, is laid.
3) 1775 Paul Revere and William Dawes ride from Charleston to Lexington warning the “regulars are coming!”
4) 1783 Fighting ceases in the American Revolution, eight years to the day since it began.
5) 1906 San Francisco earthquake and fire kills nearly 4,000 while destroying 75% of the city
6) 1954 Colonel Gamal Abdal Nasser seizes power & becomes Prime Minister of Egypt